(Note: I did this in Chrome – it’ll be a little different in other browsers)
I have several complaints about the book of the face – not least of which is that it likes to reset your News Feed from “Most Recent” (aka most useful) to “Top Stories” (aka whatever Facebook wants you to see).
I also like to avoid the fluff off the other columns (ads, games, groups, pages, chat, etc) when all I want is the most recent stream. So, after some searching, fiddling, and tweaking, I now have my news feed (and only my news feed) appear on the side of my screen in chronological order.
How to do what I did:
- install the Auto Refresh extension for Chrome (only if you want the news feed to automatically update)
- go toÂ https://m.facebook.com/home.php?sk=h_chr (this is the mobile Facebook view sorted by chronological order)Â in a newÂ window (not new tab)
- right-click on the tab holding the mobile Facebook feed, and select Pin Tab
- click the Auto Refresh extension button and select how often you want your feed to refresh, and click Start
- resize the window to a comfortable reading width (mine is about 15% of my screen, or about 3″)
- slide it all the way to one side of your screen or another
There are some other ways to accomplish more-or-less the same thing:
- bookmark the mobile news feed URL
- set the mobile news feed URL as your home page
- sign-in to yourÂ Facebook account in more than one browser (instead of having two windows in one browser), and load the mobile edition therein
Hope this helps you like it’s helped me.
Comment on “show only most recent facebook news feed”
Comments are closed.