Who wants to go into business with me?
I’ve got a super-cool storage company idea.
Load up a metric buttload of cubesats with radiation-hardened SSD storage, solar power, and [relatively] simple communicaton stacks (secured by SSH or SSL, of course), and launch them into orbit.
You think cloud storage is cool? What aboutÂ above-the-cloud storage?
- avoid national jurisdictional rules, since the data will never be housed “in” a specific country
- very hard to attack physically
- great reason to use IPv6 addressing
- expensive to get the initial devices into orbit
- software maintenance on the system could be annoying
- need to continually plop more cubesats into orbit to handle both expanded data needsÂ and loss of existing devices due to orbital degradation
Who’s with me?