Back in Feb, I published a list of tech-related predictions for 2015.
How’m I doing?
Let’s see ones that have happened (or are very close to have happened):
- Itanium OEL’d
- HP spinning-off business units – sorta, they’re splitting in half
- IBM is losing value … but not as much as I predicted (yet)
- cloud is still “a thing” – but it’s gradually becoming less of “a thing”
- cloud hosting providers are in a price war – so I’ll count this as “kinda”
- iPad 5 – it’s the iPad Pro, but has the expected resolution (5.6 megapixels)
- I’m counting the iPad Pro, in conjunction with the keyboard accessory, the MacBook Flex – it’s not x86 (ARM A9X) .. but still iOS, not OS X – so I’m half right
- Tesla has the Model S in a non-millionaire price point ($57k at the bottom end) .. but it’s not down to the Chevy Volt or Nissan Leaf yet :: then again, the Tesla gets substantially further on its charge than does the Volt or Leaf
- more cities are entering the “gigacity” club – Salisbury NC just opened the 10-gigabit club