There are myriad reasons to blog. However, the biggest reason should be because you want to. You feel there is something you need to share with others, and that the best way of doing that is via your blog. Maybe it’s a collection of recipes, maybe it’s a series of tutorials, maybe it’s mindless ramblings – but there should always be a reason to share what you’re about to write.
The benefits of blogging can be myriad:
- connect with new people
- get feedback on ideas
- engage in discussion
- learn to write better
- finding new opportunities
- keeping up with your friends
- educating others
- and more
But no benefit can come if you don’t have your reason to write and share.
My reasons to share (not exhaustive):
- personal reference to difficult problems
- showcasing personal projects / achievements
- sharing my views on work, politics, etc
- keep friends and family updated on what’s “new”
- reminder of where I’ve been
- thoughts on where I’d like to be
What are your reasons?